FASHION DESIGNER $50k + Benefits + Paid Vacation Full Time | New York, NY
THE POSITION: We are searching for a talented Fashion Designer with experience in footwear, handbag, accessory, textile and clothing design. The designer will create multitude of fashion related products for the company across a wide range of product categories and visual styles. The designer must have academic training in design and previous experience in the industry. Prospective candidates should have a passion for design, the ability to master a wide array of design-related responsibilities and be able to work daily from our office in New York City.
THE GOAL: Create products that will assist the company to achieve year on year growth.
THE CANDIDATE: Results-driven individual who is highly organized, independent, motivated and able to meet deadlines. The candidate must be able to wear multiple hats and assume responsibility for their area and work as part of a small, highly trained team. Candidates must have a good balance of creativity and analytical thinking, as well as attention to detail. The ability to multitask and juggle multiple projects with varying timelines and work within a fast-paced environment is a must.
RESPONSIBILITIES: • Develop product concepts, mood boards and seasonal creative direction • Design new footwear forms in Illustrator • Create new color ways, prints and textiles for existing footwear forms • Create new textile & print designs • Design new handbags & accessories • Conceptualization, design and development of new product lines • Visit the manufacturer to ensure integrity and design of final product • Oversee the sampling process of all new product at the manufacturer
IMPORTANT: To apply please record a short video (iPhone is fine) introducing yourself and answer the questions below in your video. Post the video to Youtube and send us the link along with your resume.
1. How did you hear about this job opening?
2. What's been your favorite job, ever?
3. What is your previous experience with fashion design, footwear design & accessory design?
4. Where will you be in 5 years?
5. How will this job help you get there?
6. Why do you want to work with Inkkas?
7. What unique value to you bring to the table?
8. Have you attended school for fashion design? If so please tell us more about your experience.
9. What's been your worst work related experience?