- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef (85% or 90% lean)
- 1/2 lb ground honey ham (see notes)
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup Skinny Latina Marinade
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley finely chopped
- 3/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons salt or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup Skinny Latina Guava Fig or Mango Apricot BBQ Sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Line & Preheat
Line a 9”x5” loaf pan with parchment paper and preheat oven to 375°F.
In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients for the meatloaf. Mix well to combine.
Add meat to the loaf pan, gently press meat down and shape evenly and bake meatloaf at 375˚F for 40 minutes.
Sauce & Additional Baking
In a small bowl, mix all of the ingredients together for the sauce. Spread the sauce over the meatloaf then return to the oven and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes. Rest meatloaf 10 minutes before slicing. Drizzle with baking juices from the pan.
The ground ham makes a big difference in the final product so it is worth the extra step. I use honey ham from the deli or the prepackaged honey ham and pulse it in the food processor. You can also ask the butcher at the store to grind a ham steak from the meat department. You can freeze any leftover ground ham for an upcoming meatball recipe.
- 9” x 5” Loaf Pan
- Parchment Paper
- Large Bowl
- Small Bowl